Monday, January 26, 2009

Never before has there been such a compelling account of demonic possession and deliverance in a Protestant, Evangelical context.

At two-o’clock in the morning on Tuesday, March 11, 1980, Pastor J. Stephen Conn received a long distance, collect telephone call from a young woman desperately pleading for help. Afraid, alone, and deeply involved in witchcraft, all Jessica Leek knew about the man she was calling is that his number had been given to her by a stranger while she was hitch-hiking. As Jessica spoke, numerous demonic voices unexpectedly came from her lips–blaspheming, threatening, and identifying themselves by name.

The unsuspecting pastor had little practical knowledge of demons and no experience in casting them out. Yet, overwhelmed by compassion, he seized this as an opportunity to help a tormented young woman find deliverance, and at the same time, put the reality of God’s power to the test.

The week-long search for Jessica and her liberation from multiple evil spirits is unlike any other account of an exorcism ever written. The stories of the hellish manifestations of malevolent spirits through their tortured victim are chilling. Yet, the spiritual warfare ends in victory and leaves the reader with a triumphant affirmation of faith and hope.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Found this this morning b4 work. It brought tears to my eyes! Our God is SO powerful. I will get this book. I wonder where Jessica is now.

Anonymous said...

funny this, my name is Jessica Leek lol

Reuben said...

Hi Stephen
I read your ministry to Jessica. I am from Nepal and interested in Deliverance Ministry because I pray for others who are tormented by the spirits.
Lauren by name of age 30 from some where in US called me for help. She desparetely was asking help. So my subject to write to you is to get some books written on deliverance ministry. Would you send me please if you do have? This is my email reubenrita@yahoo.com
Thanks
Reuben

Anonymous said...

Hi there Brother...just finished this book last night...what a read! Wow!!!

I have to ask, have you been able to reconnect with Jessica yet?

Just wondering how she is doing!

Bless you

Devon from Canada.